Thursday 16 February 2012

First Midnight

The difference between a cow and a bean
Is a bean can begin an adventure...
 
Times in my household this week have become, quite suddenly, hard. With the current economic times; prices of food, petrol, etc; my lack of job; and continual abandonment of a father, it appears that sacrifices have to be made. I feel as if I am Jack, from Jack and the Beanstalk.
At this present stage it seems that I may have to give up singing lessons for a term, or more, depending on how long it takes to get a job (which, in itself is a battle). It seems that everywhere I apply just doesn’t want me. I’ve been trawling through ‘Seek’ daily, hourly sometimes; however nothing has come out of it. Furthermore, I have been nominated for a Canberra Amateur Theatre Award for my last role in a musical. I may not be able to go to the ceremony because travel and accommodation costs will most likely be too high. I also need textbooks and ideally a new laptop for University (my current one has a tendency to not turn on).
I do indeed receive Youth Allowance, but that all goes to mum, frankly because she needs it. So, to try and fix the immediate problems, particularly those of textbooks and singing lessons, I am selling away pieces of my childhood. I guess it’s alright, I mean most of the stuff I haven’t even looked at in the past year, but it’s still hard to see your possessions go. To see them be bought for a tenth of what you payed, and then taken into a possibly abusive home. For my entire life I have treated all my belongings with the uttermost care. I used to keep all the original boxes and I would never, EVER, break anything. Then again, they may be taken into a loving home, but in my current emotional state, that is the least likely.
I have also decided to add a ‘Donate’ button to my blog. Please, by no means feel pressured by its presence. I just thought that there may be some kind souls out there who would help keep my dreams afloat. I didn’t want to have my blog filled with meaningless Advertisements, so I thought this was a better alternative.
Im sure life will figure some way out of this. Im sure a job will finally accept me soon enough. Ideally millions of dollars could be won in the Lottery, but for now, these are just the little things that I have to do. Thankfully, I know not to accept any 'magical beans'.

3 comments:

  1. Thinking outside the box I'll have to look at my own finances to see if I can donate something but if I can I will cause I do injoy this blog, but thinking more outside the box www.fiverr.com where people pay you $5 to do something you could sing them there fave song do voice overs or act out there fav seen from movie or show just got to be creative. If your going to sell something make sure you won't regret it later

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is such an amazing website! I have never heard of it! May have to make my services available :)
      Thankyou for the thought.

      Delete
    2. And once you got your idea post it here I'm sure people would be more then happy to help

      Delete