Tuesday 28 February 2012

Beyond My Wildest Dreams

Look at it all, look how it gleams!
Lovely beyond my wildest dreams...
Look- it's him!
So handsome and refined and slim
Sweet, sincere
Magnificent from head to toe.

I am finding it physically impossible to wipe the smile from my face. Yesterday, I embarked upon my first official trip, as a Uni student to my chosen institution. Gah! It was perfect! Everything just went so well! All those little stresses; being late, getting lost, never happened.
Now, this week is what's known as O-Week. It is basically an orientation week that is filled with all the things that Uni is known for, mainly alcohol. Yesterday was a special day for first years. We were split into small groups with people who are doing similar subjects to us, and then led by a mentor, who was an older student doing similar classes. Our little group of six was made of Music students. All of them really lovely, and from all over the place as well. We then joined with another group, who was oddly the other end of the subject spectrum, they were Government kids. Nonetheless, they were equally as nice, and led by the epitomy of university male perfection. Most of the day was spent fawning over him, along with the rest of the group haha, which consisted of another gay guy, and the rest girls.
Smile is still firmly in place. I guess what was so nice about yesterday was that we met people, new people, people who we will recognise on campus. Thus the lonely kids like me who dont know anyone dont feel so excluded. I will go back up tomorrow I think, and watch some of the festivities on campus. They have stalls and shows, lots of activities going on. Our mentors also said that we will all try and have group gatherings throughout the week and semester. Exciting!
I forgot to tell you about our mentor! She was sooo so sooooooo lovely. A Jazz singer. Very sweet and caring. Its funny because the mentors were saying that they were also nervous, because they didnt want a weird group filled with awkward people. I guess they got the weird part, but good weird! Our groups were just a mash of so many different things, that just worked together perfectly. I love when that happens. When something surprises you. When something turns out to be precisely beyond your wildest dreams.

 


2 comments:

  1. well i think we have been officially forgotten about

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You havent, I promise! I have just been waaay too busy...I have indeed drafted a new post. So hang in there!

      Delete