Wednesday 22 February 2012

Nowadays

And that's
Good, isn't it?
Grand, isn't it?
Great, isn't it?
Swell, isn't it?
Fun, isn't it?
But nothing stays

In fifty years or so
It's gonna change, you know
But, oh, it's heaven
Nowadays!



Ive realised this week that thinking ahead is somewhat overrated. Sure, it helps you prepare and all that and I guess it is quite good in some regards, but really, what about the moment. The moment that your living in. I came to this sudden realisation today, when I was sitting in a state of contrast. I was stressing over the fact that I am starting Uni in 2 weeks (and its scariness), but I was also wishing that it would hurry up because I have been doing nothing! ...that's where it struck me. Im doing nothing. I have the next two weeks to relax before 3 of the most intense years of my life, (or so everybody says) why am I stressing and wishing that it would be over quicker!? Gah! Im weird. So, its time for me to forget about the immediate future. Relish in the beach and the friends that I have time to see. Excitedly, im going to an information night this evening for a musical called 'Company'.
Now I have never seen this musical, ive heard about it, and only a few songs from it, but I need to get my performance portfolio flowing. So I will take a little stroll down to the local theatre with one of my friends (well actually shes driving us, its about 20 mins down the road haha) and have a look at this here production. Ive done a bit of research on the show, and, to be frank, I only needed to learn that it was written by Stephen Sondheim to be interested (one of my very favourites). So, hopefully everything works out and I can do that! Im looking forward to performing this year. The same company is doing 'The Sound of Music' and 'Into the Woods'(which I mentioned in my last post), and ive seen them do some amazing shows in the past year. One of the best productions ive seen of 'A Chorus Line'. Its time to get my act together.
Im actually feeling really good! I have swam everyday, so my fitness goal for the year is on its way. I am attempting to do shows, so that will help my 'dancerfiedness'(I am copyrighting that word hahah), AND im talking to lots of people, so attempts at finding a boy for myself are occurring. Haven't found anyone quite right yet, but im trying. :) Sadly, I cant go to the blessed Mardi Gras this year. My finances just aren't in the right place. I have more important things to focus on anyway, like getting sorted for Uni and paying those fees, and purchasing those textbooks. I had such a good time last year, its a bit disappointing, but alls good! Positive attitude. Actually, I think im a bit of a hotel bargain hunter, mainly because before I decided not to go(this morning), I found the best deal in the city! At the Marriott Hotel Hyde Park, so literally right on Oxford Street. For me and 3 friends, it was $480, so $120 each. Such a good location and cost! But never mind! Maybe I have just helped someone else get some good accommodation. :)
So for the meantime, its time for me to just chill. Wow, 'chill'. Cant believe I just said that. Haha.





1 comment:

  1. I am glad you are learning to spend 'your' money wisely!

    ReplyDelete