Sunday 19 February 2012

Prologue: Into the Woods

Once upon a time,
I wish...

I have heard of the most exciting news. One of my very favourite musicals, 'Into the Woods', is going to be made into a movie by Disney! Not an animation, thats what I first thought haha, but somthing similar to 'Sweeney Todd' or 'Chicago'. Excitingly, its being directed by the guy who did 'Chicago'. Therefore, I have decided it WILL be a hit. How could it possibly go wrong? Fairy Tales. Subversion. Singing. Beautiful music. Humour. A welcome mix!Funnily, this musical is also being done at my local Performing Arts Center. I certainly will be auditioning. It is truly magical. I know somewhere there is a dvd of the proffessional stage production, if you dont know the show, find it, watch it, embrace it, love it.
On a completely different note im really happy with my fitness progress. I am actually sticking with it. Haha. I decided that the routine I had previously made just wasnt working, I couldnt find the motivation to do that. So now I go down to the beach and swim laps in the ocean pool. I guess what makes me stick with this one isnt just the 'getting buff' effects, but also the waters effect on skin. Seawater is very good for clearing skin, and also quite good for hair. So now im helping my Vain side on numerous fronts! Its really weird because in the past few months I have had this sudden outburst of pimples, ewww I know, so I am trying everything  I can to get rid of them, because they are affecting two things. The first being my confidence, and second being my model ability. Now the last one may be a bit of a shock to you all, because I havent really indulged you with a picture of myself, or any descriptive words, because I want to keep anonymous. However, (Im trying to be really non up myself here, so bear with me) I have been told that I posses the perfect height (6'6") and face structure to have a successful career as a model. So for me to do that, I need to send away a few quick profile snaps to agencies, and then see where I go. The only problem is that I have been constantly overwhelmed with pimples. However, they are indeed getting better, so soon I will be able to apply.
If this works out, I will be happy on numerous fronts. It means that I am making some money, and leaving time to study and perform. That 'audition' period is still horribly scary. Sending away a photo of yourself to be judged by someone to say if your hot enough. Not looking forward to being knocked back, but I guess it will just be another learning curve. Lets me know that I definitely cant make it in the modelling career, and therefore can focus on Musical Theatre. I guess its just good to try new things.
Im still dreaming, wishing, trying, and doing; hopefully something exciting will happen soon!






2 comments:

  1. tonight i saw "Love Never Dies" and all i can say is WOW!! the most amazing show I've ever seen, the set blow me away i was stunned how well everything was put together I recommend it to everyone

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im so glad you were able to see it! I told you it was beautiful. A stunning show, with amazing music, and yes, the set. Phenomenal. I still cant get enough of the Phantoms openning number 'Till I Hear You Sing'...So heartbreaking

      Delete