Saturday 14 January 2012

Music of the Night

Floating, falling, sweet intoxication!
Touch me, trust me, savour each sensation!
Let the dream begin,
let your darker side give in to the power of
the music that I write - the power of the music of the night ...

I have returned! Oh the stories that are to come! Haha. But first, something that has been weighing on my mind of late. I decided to spend some of the little amount of money I have, and buy 'The Phantom of the Opera: Live at the Royal Albert Hall'! Best....Spend....EVER!!!!!! I cried alot, and laughed, and let my body be overrun with goosebumps numerous times. It was amazingly fantastically, stupendous! Although, I must admit, one of the major reasons for my loving of it was due to the fact that Christine (for those of you who dont know the story, she is the lead) was played by Sierra Boggess. Miss Boggess opened 'The Little Mermaid' on Broadway as Ariel. She is one of my musical theatre goddesses. She is amazing!
The show overcame all odds and adversities. It flourished in the venue, in fact, it soared! It would have been soo special to have experienced it in the flesh. To be there amongst the stars. One of the most special moments came at the end, when Andrew Lloyd Webber invited his wife, Mrs Sarah Brightman, and the most famous Phantoms of the world (think Anthony Warlow, Colm Wilkinson, etc) to sing a rendition of the title song! It was phenomenal.
All in all, as much as my stay with my grandparents was lovely, the highlight was watching the dvd haha. That is basically all we did. My grandparents never seem to do much haha.


1 comment:

  1. My favourite singer of that piece is Michael Crawford. Who would have thought Frank Spencer could have such a wonderful voice. It was like a caterpillar turning into a butterfly to me. His rendition draws tears to my eyes.

    ReplyDelete