Monday 16 January 2012

Marry You

It's a beautiful night,
We're looking for something dumb to do.
Hey baby,
I think I wanna marry you.

I said to myself yesterday morning that I wasnt going to cry. For two reasons, I needed to be able to sing, and I havent cried for months so I dont think its possible for me to anymore. haha. However, of course, as I saw the gorgeous bride walking past me, there was a distinct faulter in my voice and a tear coming out of my eye. Yesterday I experienced one of the most beautiful weddings I have ever been to.
It was a small gathering, on a rural property, but! When I say rural property, I dont mean fields and cows, no no, this property was set into a rainforest. The ceremony took place in a gulley in the forest, a waterfall and stream gave that light ambiance, and the foliage acted as a blanket, keeping everyone close and the ceremony intimate. The Bride and Groom stood on a platform, while the congregation was scattered up on various boardwalk platforms. It was truely magnificent, and I must say that it was such an honour to sing at such a close friends wedding.
Its this weird feeling, seeing a wedding. I mean I havent been to one for quite a few years, and when you are ther, everything comes to life! Then you randomly start planning your own haha. I dont know if anyone else does this, boys in particular, but I always do. In other words, I want there to be marriage equality, otherwise im moving to London, because I want to have the right to marry. It the age old question. Why does it matter if there are two boys walking down the aisle? They love each other just as much as a man and woman.
My friend left a few days ago to start a Gap year in the mother country. The program she is on is amazing! They organize for her to work at a boarding school, and live there as well! That includes food and a small allowance. It would be the best way to experience England, and even the rest of Europe because your soo close. Wish I had have known about it! Haha, I could have joined her over there.



1 comment:

  1. The wedding sounds beautiful, I can't wait for it to be legal in Australia otherwise moving to London sounds like a great back up plan, hell just moving to London sounds like an amazing plan, love the blog glad you're back to keeping it up to date

    ReplyDelete