Tuesday 24 January 2012

All That's Known

All they say
Is "Trust in What is Written"
Wars are made
And somehow that is wisdom
Thought is suspect
And money is their idol
And nothing is okay unless it's scripted in their Bible.

I had the exciting experience of witnessing a facebook argument over homosexual marriage yesterday. Oddly, out of musicians, footballers, and directors there was only one person in opposition of the idea, a devout Christian. Now, I dont want to say anything against their beliefs or teachings, and I will try to stay neutral, however, some of the things that the guy was saying were completely horrible! It was one statement that struck me the most.
He believed that people arent born gay, it is the circumstances that they grow up in that makes them gay. He listed a few situations: 'such as child or sexual abuse, a disconnection with ones father, a lack of masculine figures ...or other psychological issues that may occur.' What a load of crap! I know for a fact that this cant possibly be true. One of my very close friends is the middle child of three boys, he is gay, yet his two brothers are very masculine, heterosexual athletes. How can his 'situation' have changed and not his brothers? I personally believe that we are born gay, it is not something that develops, it isnt a fad that we can grow out of, it is a part of who we are. I dont understand how people can be so small minded, but then again, I come from a world that is filled with homosexuality so I have just always been comfortable with the idea. However, does that prove his point? I live in world of theatre, is that what maes me gay? No! It doesnt. My fathers side of the family, when I talked to them, were very much into sports, I was expected to play football, soccer, cricket, ride motorbikes. I guess it was a bit of a shock to the family when I had absolutely no interest at all haha.
In unrelated news, I am going to enroll in Uni tomorrow! Wow, soo incredibly nerveracking. I have no idea why im nervous, but I am! It will be good though, I can go and spend some time perusing the city afterwards, have a bit of fun, try not to spend my lack of money haha. Im actually looking forward to seeing what the different clubs in the Uni are. I wonder if they have a Musical Theatre club!? Oh how excting! La la laaa!





1 comment:

  1. I wholeheartedly agree with you. I saw a show on the box the other day where a journo set about debunking religion. He did a good job btw as his questions bamboozled a lot of devout followers. It also touched on homosexuality. One dude in the U.S.of A, has set up a Ministry to 'turn' gays around into 'real men' again. Apparently he was into guys but later married and had children. he beleives his earlier behavious was due to similar factors you described and it is a sin. He was given a bit of a rollicking by the journo. I forgot the journo's name (might be in the TV guide) but he has a show apparently in the US and is a bit of a comedian. He is a smart guy though. Gays ARE born. I know that for a fact. It is interesting that all the so called 'experts' are not gays themselves. How do they know then?
    Good luck with UNI and take your dark glasses for perving behind. Haha.

    ReplyDelete