Sunday 8 January 2012

Hear My Song

Hear my song
It'll help you believe in tomorrow
Hear my song
It'll show you the way you can shine
Hear my song
It was made for the times
When you don't know where to go
Listen to the song that I sing
You'll be fine.

Unfortunately, it has come to my attention, that I have neglected my blog over the past week. This saddens me, however I kind of had to do it. You see, for the past week, my life has basically just been a circle of: 'Wake-up, eat, beach, read.' In other words. It has been disastrously boring. The only smidgen of excitement that I could find happened on Wednesday. I went to the Sydney University Open Day.
Now, I am underplaying its excitement factor, because really, it was amazing! Sydney University has been my dream Uni since I was 10 (before I started singing). I remember walking up to the main building and thinking 'Oh my god! It Hogwarts!'. Which makes complete sense if you have seen the University. But I will show you a little picture, so no one feels left out.


It's soo beautiful! What isnt shown in the pictures, is that this old architecture is then mashed together with new buildings of glass and metal to create a harmony of buildings. That means that the old architectural enthusiasts, such as myself are happy, and the modernistic forward thinkers are also happy!
What was soo funny about my trip to the Open Day was the change in direction my thinking went. I entered under the assumption that I was definitely going to undertake the 5 year, fulltime, secondary teaching degree. I went to a few little lectures about the courses, and this is where my thinking changed. If is was going to embark upon the Education course, I wouldnt be able to perform, because it was FULL ON! That made me rethink. Really, this year for me is just a preparation year for my performing arts auditions at the end of the year. I need the time to prepare! So, I am now going to do the Arts Degree, which if need be, I can add an extra a few years on the end and get my education degree. Thus, I am going to become an Arts student!
Another thing that I was enlightened upon was the amount of good looking people at Sydney University! Not just boys, although I did take a keen interest in them, but also girls! Sure, there was the occasional scruffy looking Uni student, but all in all, their type was shadowed by the mass of Goddesses and Gods that strolled around. So if anything. I am going to Sydney Uni for the beautiful buildings and people. haha.
On the 'Prince Charming' front, after the rather horrendous drunken night last week. Nothing has changed. I sent him a light hearted, 'how was your Christmas' message...no reply...Therefore, I am erasing him from my memory. I have been hung up on him for too long! Bring on the Uni boys!





3 comments:

  1. Haha. Good to see you back on the job after a brief hiatus. We all need to take a break, re-charge, re-think and start afresh. I was pleased to read that you are moving on from PC too. This is a good thing, as you will no doubt meet many more gorgeous guys at Uni over the ensuing months/years. Arts should be ideal for you, so the Open Day was worth attending. Keep up your spirits and whatever else. Smithy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Open Day was really really informative. A great way to make the tough decisions. The PC situation was just getting out of hand! So it was for the best. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Makes me wish I went to uni now

    ReplyDelete