Sunday 1 January 2012

Get It Right

Can I start again with my faith shaken?
'Cause I can't go back and undo this
I just have to stay and face my mistakes
But if I get stronger and wiser
I'll get through this

Here it is. 2012. My year to start over. My year to be positive. My year. It began in a way that I would never have expected. Initially, my friends and I thought that we would have a little party at home, welcome the New Year in typical adolescent style, completely drunk off our faces. This however didnt happen, and now that I think of it, I am very happy about that! I have woken up happy and clear of mind.
At 9pm last night, the early fireworks erupt from Sydney Harbour. It was at this time that my friend and I decided that we would head down from his house, to a park on the harbour which has the perfect view of the bridge and fireworks. We had no idea how much room would be left for us in the park, but we jumped in the car and took off! The suburb the park is in was blocked from all non-residential cars, so we had to park a fair way away and walk quickly. Luckily, a taxi drove past just as we entered the barrier and we took one of the most expensive taxi rides ever! It was worth it. We sat on the edge of the harbour, legs hanging loosely off a stone wall. We could feel the bursts of the firworks on our skin, their light blinding our eyes and sound deafening our ears. It was spectacular. A spectacular way to finish what has been an epic year.


 I have now returned to the land of sand and boardshorts. The sleepy little place that I call home. Maybe I can start to put my New Years Resolutions into action; get buff, get dancerfied, get a boyfriend. All easier said then done, haha, but in the words of Galadriel; 'Even the smallest person can change the course of the future'.




2 comments:

  1. Cant wait for the next blog has been a great read

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll try and get back onto the regular updates! Thankyou for your support! :)

    ReplyDelete