Monday 20 May 2013

Rich and Happy

Life is swinging,
Skies are blue and bells are ringing.
Every day I wake up singing,
"Look at me, I'm rich and happy!"
 
Well...yes and no, but I'm at least comfortable enough to go for a little shopping expedition on the weekend. Took the bus up to Sydney and went and bought some much needed shoes! Ahh, that beautiful smell of leather!
 
The past few days have been a little eventful actually. On Thursday, I had a call from my friend who is in Human Resources in a big humanitarian company asking if I was interested in a job there. Of course I said I was, hoping that it would somehow fit in with my current job, but nevertheless curious about the job. Then on Friday, whilst I was at work stressing about the previously mentioned interview (which was to be held the week after), my boss came in and told me that the store wasn't doing financially well, and needed for me to only work one day a week rather than two. This would have been quite a disaster, yet it seemed that somebody was watching over me that week, considering I had picked up an interview just as my current work was releasing their hold on me. So fingers crossed this new career prospect works out!
 
With the interview in mind, I bought myself (as well as the shoes) a beautiful blue/navy jumper, and have a lovely bag that ties the entire outfit together! The best part about this job is that it is in the city! (Here enters the angelic chorus) I can finally feel the splendour of the city again! Hoorah!! Ive been missing my daily trips up there, and now I will be there every weekday, hopefully. I cant jinx it, but I'm feeling good about the job, so I am feeling quite positive. It is also quite a nice salary as well, so I will slowly but surely drag us out of the economic black hole that has plagued my house! So many exclamation marks!!!
 
Over the weekend, mum and I also received a call from my grandparents asking if we would like to accompany them on a trip to the UK at the end of the year. How could we possibly refuse!? My family is from the United Kingdom, and I come from a few generations of Airline Staff, yet I have never been to my home country! Crazy, right?!! So much excitement, and so many things on my wishlist! Of course, most of those being particular shows to see on the West End.
 
Thus, that is the general overview of the weekend. Now I have to get myself ready for rehearsals! So Long! Farewell!
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment