Tuesday 6 December 2011

Pure Imagination

There is no
Life I know
To compare with
Pure imagination
Living there
You'll be free
If you truly
Wish to be.

Imagination. A tool that I often have to use, but when I am sick of using my own, its nice to be able to experience someone elses. I have always been a bit of a gamer. I used to be quite addicted, but now im too busy to get into a good game. I always used to love losing myself. Those games where you create your own character, and run through a world of fantasy doing whatever you wanted. I loved Oblivion and Fable, and Kingdom Hearts. Gah! So many memories. I guess really, gaming has had a large effect on me as ive grown up. I remember getting a game called Guild Wars.
My first online game, meaning I could talk and play with other people whilst gaming. This is a bad mix. I started to spend all my time on it, I was quite addicted, but just from talking to people on the otherside of the world, I was learning things. I was experiencing happiness and anger, heartache and love. I know, it sounds pretty weird falling in love with someone you have never met, but it happened for me. I met boys, and we would talk and play for hours together, but there is one who had the most profound effect on me. His name was Dalton, its kinda where I got my Blogger name from, and we met questing for some rare artefact. He was such a nice person, and always genuinely cared for what I had to say, and how I was. We acted as psychiatrists to eachother, always spilling our feelings, and latest real life endevours. We got each other through pretty horrible times. It was nice. Then he stopped playing, and then I stopped playing, and we never talked again.
 I guess you can say that I was in love with Dalton, and that was my first real relationship. The best part was that their wasnt a horrible breakup, because a breakup never happened. We just grew apart.
Still like ot game a little, just for an hour or two when I feel like it. It is an escape. A place where everything is perfect. A utopia. You most likely all think im a real nerd now, but whats wrong with that? :)




No comments:

Post a Comment