Friday 16 December 2011

Still Hurting

What about lies, Jamie?
What about things
That you swore to be true
What about you, Jamie
What about you

Yesterday was meant to be one of the happiest days of my life. The end of the high school chapter, and beginning of 'University'. I recieved my ATAR (University entry number), which was an incredibly 90. I wasnt expecting it at all! My day was full of happiness, and laughing. Catching up with school friends and teachers, basking in the glory of two years hard work. I thought that by 8pm, nothing could ruin the day. But something did. By someone that I would have thought to be proud, rather than bitter. At precisely 8.23pm I recieved a text from my father.
Father dearest basically said that I was a stupid, rude child, that cannot think for himself, and who he never wants to see again. Ending it with a cheerfully sarcastic, Merry Christmas! It was a long message, going a little more indepth than the above. I just wanted to live in the moment, to have a nice day filled with happiness. To know that my family was proud of me. I sent an email to my grandparents(dads parents) at about lunchtime yesterday, just filling them in on all the things that have been happening in my busy life for the past 2 weeks. They obviously forwarded that to my dad, who decided to turn it all against me.
I guess today is a new day. I just need to forget about it all. Which I am trying to do. I need to clear my mind for the next few days, and then I can figure out how to handle the situation. It has gone on too long. He has ruined too many happy moments in my life. But for now, I am extracting it all from my memory. Its Christmas, happiness is everywhere, and I am going to join in on it. No more tears, no more sadness. Just love.



1 comment:

  1. Hi mate. I am from Brisbane. I am an older guy and found your profile on Aussiemen which had the link to your blog. I am fascinated by your stories which strike a chord for me because I believe there are many many more guys like yourself going about their lives as you are. You are very talented as evidenced by the work you do on your blog. I met one such young man from Holland, in Canberra a few years ago when he was 18 and touring the world on his own. He was making his money on ebay buying things, doing them up and then selling them for a profit. He had lost his father some years before. He was very tall, handsome and spoke several languages. he too had a blog and posted pictures of his travels and a day by day story of his life's adventures. He had landed in Sydney, bought a cheap car and did the hostel circuits. I asked him if he was scared travelling on his own and he said he became very wise, very quickly. Unfortunately, I lost his web address when I changed computers and have not spoken to him for 4 years but I feel sure he is now a very successful businessman.
    As for your story, time will prove that you too will fall on your feet. Someone will read your blog and hopefully open a door for you. You too have a distinct talent, an "X-factor" that stands you apart from the others. I have added you as a favourite in Aussiemen and if you like, will say hello from time to time. I don't want to intrude if you don't want older people as friends in your life at this time. There are lots of young guys looking for their match. Perhaps I can steer some in your direction. There is one young man in Brisbane I have known for a while who I have been trying to start a modelling career but he is too shy. Perhaps you can give him some encouragement? Best wishes for now and I hope we can keep in touch. If you want to, just respond to this comment.

    ReplyDelete