Sunday 30 October 2011

Anything Goes

And though I'm not a great romancer
I know that I'm bound to answer
When you propose,
Anything goes!


She is the modern Goddess of Musical Theatre. Sutton Foster is purely amazing! Everytime I watch her I get depressed for all the girls in the theatre world. I even get depressed for the boys, because frankly, she could pull off anything!
I thought I would use this song today because it has been a good day, and this song makes me happy. I got to spend all of yesterday and little bit of today in the presence of 'Prince Charming'. We had rehearsals, in fact, I have more tomorrow, so that is another early morning for me! Rehearsals are getting better, although I must admit, I am a little angry because 'Ego Boy' is back with a vengence. I also am just chorus in this show, the only male chorus, yaay me (sarcasm intended).
Its really quite sad, because there is this unspoken pecking order in the show. A heirarchy that everyone knows exists, but no one talks about. There are the special group of soloists who occupy the grand court (the nobles), then there are the next lot of soloists (the middle class), then there is the peasants (chorus). It makes it really horrible, because the 'nobles' dont really ever talk to the 'peasants', I mean we can try, but with my gift of shyness, it makes it very hard. I think in the past 2 months, ive only ever laughed at a few of 'Prince Charming's' jokes, and then added a few words here and there in a conversation between us all. Pathetic right? Although! A breakthrough occurred today. I had a decent conversation with the 'Prince Charming's' best friend, who is also playing the princess in the show. We shared something in common, and I acted up it. Slowly but surely I may be bridging the gap between the 'Prince' and the 'Pauper' (Im sorry, I couldnt help it, cliches are my thing).
Also, my foot was good enough to dance on today, so I got to do a bit of that. Our piece went really well!
Really scary part of it all is that we are reharsing at the venue tomorrow. So if anyone is at the Sydney Entertainment Center tomorrow, I will be gracing your presence. Lets hope everything goes well!
I guess in regard to the 'Prince' im just hoping that something happens. Something in his mind makes him look my way, talk to me a little bit. Blindness of the heart? I try as much as I can, I try, but I really just need to get over my self consciousness, and go up and strike a conversation. Gah! If only.




No comments:

Post a Comment