Sunday 23 October 2011

Under the Sea

Up on the shore they work all day
Out in the sun they slave away
While we devotin', full time to floatin'
Under the sea!

Today I took a little break and went down to the beach for a while. Its always so calming, walking along the sand, the water rolling in and out around your feet.
I went and bought the Sunday paper and had a little sit in the sun. The usual stuff in the paper; government not doing its job, television channels having major shake ups. I always turn to the back first, have a little look at the 'A List Parties', and see what shows are on the stage at the moment. Its funny, I always seem to wish I had been at the parties, chatting to the celebrities, dancing with the stars (hehe). Everything just seems so glamorous at them.
When I finished the paper, I went for another little walk, up and down the beach again, and then I intended to walk around the point to the next beach along, however the tide was a tad further in than I anticipated, so I had to backtrack a little. Its funny watching all the people at the beach on weekends. Our local beach is well known for being a tourist destination, so lots of people come to it from all around, in the holidays it is practically impossible to get a spot, so us locals savour the quiet time during the working weeks. As this weekend was so spectacular, weather wise, it was very busy. I thought I would take a more scenic route home after my failed 'point walk'.
I took a path that went up the cliff, and had a little sit on the top. It was really nice. Watching the clear water below, and the surfers attempt to dodge the unknowing civilians. As much as I say that living in this little seaside village is the bane of my existence...it realy isnt. It is quite beautiful, scenery and people, a nice array of surfer boys. I love water as well, so maybe the beach is good for me. Maybe tomorrow I can spend a bit more time down at the beach, take some of my notes and have a little sunbake (safely, you know, slip, slop, slap, and all that). Maybe my Prince Charming will turn out to be a surfer? I highly doubt it, but you never know.



No comments:

Post a Comment