Tuesday 11 October 2011

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

When trying to express oneself, it's frankly quite absurd,
To leaf through lengthy lexicons to find the perfect word.

I started the day off on a low, so I thought I would finish it on a high! The show I am doing at the moment has this in it, no im not doing Mary Poppins (sigh, if only), and everytime I hear it, particularly our Mary saying it backwords, I cant help but smile.
I think the best way to cure sadness is with a smile. Wow. I cant believe how cliched that is, but it is so true. Laughter and happiness always make the worst day amazing! Well at least in my world it does. You see, I am quite childish for my age, I wouldnt say im immature, I mean ive had to grow up quite fast, I just love the fun and happiness and carefree life that a child lives.
 I spent my 18th birthday at Disneyland. Rather than going out and getting completely 'maggot' on alcohol, I reverted back to my 6 year old self and got high on wonderment, adrenaline, and fireworks. I never really wanted to grow up. Sure, there are certainly things that I want to experience as an adult, but I would be perfectly happy going back 14 years. A time when nothing really mattered, you didnt worry about your tan at the beach, or how masculine you are, and you always used to get the most amazing butterflies in your stomach on Christmas Eve, and then when you woke up there was an array of various packages under the tree.
I remember sitting, being glued to the television by the almighty splendour that was Disney! How I wanted to be Ariel, floating beneath the waves, hair dancing about behind. I remember everytime I was at a beach or pool I would try and recreate her bursting out of the water. Although, rather than my hair glamorously soaring above my head and falling lightly behind me, it would hardly move (due to the typical bowl cut) and I would end up going full circle back into the water upside down. Come on, admit it, you've tried it at least once.
Hopefully by me releasing some of my embarassing moments of childhood I have brightened your day a little. If not, then I will just have to try harder next time! I quite like the idea of blogging like this, I remember trying to write a journal when I was little, but it never usually used to work. Lets hope I stay more faithful to this. :)

I wanna be where the people are
I wanna see, wanna see them dancin'

No comments:

Post a Comment