Wednesday 12 October 2011

Without You

Without you, the ground thaws, the rain falls, the grass grows.
Without you, the seeds root, the flowers bloom, the children play.
The stars gleam, the poets dream, the eagles fly, without you.

This morning I woke up with two things firmly imprinted into my mind.
1. The Spartan System of Education, which is one of my Ancient History topics
2. How much I yearn to be in a relationship, or even just to experience love
Just having those dreams of being held. Maybe my infatuation with this is because I have always been the one who has had to keep things together, ive always been the mediator or the 'strong one'. For once I would just like to fall into someones strong grip, and be held. I can never imagine it. Being held. Mostly because I am 6 foot 3, so my obviously mutant height makes it hard to be the subordinate in the relationship. But that is what I want SO much!
I guess someday it will happen. Another reason I am most likely feeling this is because I found out, only the other day, that all my friends have lost their virginity before me. I know, its such a pubescent thing to say, but it hurts a little, that they have been able to experience what and I havent. Haha. I guess all you can do is laugh and tell yourself that you're saving yourself for the special moment. Oh God! I sound so winey in this, but really, I just want to be loved! Haha
All I ask is that as I walk down the street, a Prince Charming will come and wisk me off my feet. Ah well, I can only dream.
I thought these amazing images by David Kawena were quite poignant. Haha. Can you guess which Disney men they are?








No comments:

Post a Comment