Monday 24 October 2011

Don't Rain On My Parade

Get ready for me, love,
'cause I'm a comer,
I simply gotta march,
My heart's a drummer.
Nobody, no, nobody
Is gonna rain on my parade!

Today is a me day. One of those, 'No one can stop my dreams from coming true!' days. What do you call those sort of days?...Self enlightenment days? Mental health days? All of the above days?
I just needed a little pick me up, less of the, staring out longingly over the ocean sort of thing, and more of the, just jump in and swim! Sometimes I need to do that to myself, I let my melodramatic side take over and I start living my life as if I was in movie (everyone does it...), so I just needed to re ground myself, tell myself that I need to work hard to be successful, because we all know that the performing arts industry has like a 5% success rate. So that means, head down and push through the pain!
One of my very favourite shows of all time is Glee. Yes...I love it, it is my life, but I have reason to love it, because that is what I aspire to do. I aspire to be the male version of Lea Michele....someday I will meet her, and someday we will become best friends and share every Saturday having a glamorous lunch and then going to see shows on Broadway in our private box seats....sigh....everyone has to have dreams. Until that happens, I have to keep going, not getting lost in my delusions, and keep going!
It happens too often that I break into song midway through a conversation, go floating down a hallway with the music playing in my mind, taking those purposeful/dancer like steps to the beat of a song. Although I can blame a little of that on my school, it used to happen all the time, Performing Arts High Schools are like musicals themselves. I just hope that someday, I will be able to do that as a job. Run onto the stage with all the passion and emotions I feel, and entertain!





Quick side note, Glee always seems to get the most good looking people. Just look at them! Imagine them all in a room together, I dont know how they dont cook themselves!

2 comments:

  1. Not a great fan of Glee except the two episodes that paid tribute to Madonna and Gaga :P Anyway, you are now one of my "Precious Blogs". Keep it up my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those two episodes are on my list of favourites as well. Thanks so much for adding me to your Precious Blogs list. I feel, qutie honoured, especially considering I am only quite new to all this. :)

    ReplyDelete